Book Review: How to Kiss Your Best Friend by Jenny Proctor

 


How to Kiss Your Best Friend - Jenny Proctor - 4 Stars - A Clean, Sweet, Friends to Lovers Rom-Com!

Alright ya'll, another cute rom-com down! I really enjoyed the characters, family and small town vibes in this one! The Hawthorne Brothers were hilarious and I can't wait to read more in this series. We have a chemistry teacher and professional kayaker - Brody - and a journalist and traveler - Kate. They were best friends growing up but Kate took some time to travel over the years. With so much going on in her family life, she has just taken the time to travel and do life by herself. Until she comes back to her hometown of Silver Creek to sort through her grandmother's house to get it ready to sell and Brody is taken back once more to how much he loves her and has always loved her. He's hoping to reconnect with her and that she will stay in town for good....the story goes on from here.

I had SO much fun reading this one. Kate and Brody had the best chemistry together and it was fun seeing them go kayaking together. What I love most about this one is we have some great family details where we got to know siblings, parents, friends, past details etc., so I felt very connected to this little small town and the people that lived here. I live and grew up in a small town so it's always something I love in books. The humor in this was GREAT too! AHEM - the TOWEL SCENE had me ROLLING ya'll! So funny.

Also great to have a clean, closed door romance with a little bit of sizzle but no explicit spicy scenes. We love to see it!

Friends to lovers isn't always my favorite trope so I will admit I wanted them to talk more to each other at the end then how some of the order of events went down, but it sure made for a great ending! Can't wait to read book 2!

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5319596770
Amazon: https://amzn.to/44m8vJR
YouTube Video Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6NLPxY6po

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters