Sunday, September 27, 2026

Forbidden to Fall by Martha Keyes

 


Forbidden to Fall by Martha Keyes
4 Stars

Martha sure does know how pull you in a storyyyy! Loved James and Sadie in this book. James basically left town years ago because of some "misunderstandings" and hasn't been back...until now. He made Sadie's brother mad, among other people in town, and does not want to see anyone locally again....until he comes back and runs back in to Sadie....Sadie had the biggest crush on James years ago and she realizes quickly that hasn't fully resolved with his return. 

She works alongside James at Carver Maple Farm and they get close...but what happens when the truth comes out and what everyone thought wasn't as it seems? 

I loved the camping, baking and closeness they had together. I neeeeed to try the recipes in this book too! I am not much of a baker, but Sadie inspires me for sure! James was the SWEETEST guy. He didn't deserve all the hate he got from the town and her brother for sure. 

My only real hiccup was the ending because I wanted a bit more resolution, and the final conflict took longer to wrap up than I personally prefer. Since it leaned on misunderstanding/non‑communication trope (not my favorite), the payoff didn’t land quite as strongly for me. Still, it’s a sweet, cozy fall romance and a solid addition to the Falling for Autumn series. :)

Thanks to Martha for a gifted ebook ARC copy for me to read for review. All thoughts are my own.

Amazon: https://link.amazon/B06sfpxC4
*Amazon links are affiliate links and a commission may be earned on items purchased from these links.

✨Sign up for Libro.fm Audiobooks here: https://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm206402 (Supports Local Indie Bookstores)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Post: Most Anticipated Clean and Christian Fiction Books for 2026

Most Anticipated Clean and Christian Fiction for 2026 Hey y'all! Since I don't have enough room on my description in the YouTube vid...