Book Review: Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter

 


Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter 

2.5 to 3 stars. I may write a formal review later but this book follows a girl who is running from her past with her little boy and is hiding her identity. Her car breaks down and she is stuck in this new town and meets many new people.

 They help her get back on her feet and she meets specifically this guy Beau who starts being interested in her and vis versa. What bothered me about this book is Beau has a girlfriend for 60% of the book and never broke up with her while he was as developing feelings for our new girl in town.

And his girlfriend was helping the new girl out by letting her stay at her place. It just felt icky. Also there’s a mistletoe scene where someone is encouraging him to kiss the new girl…and he kisses her cheek when she moves a little and he kisses part of her lips. Whileeeee he is still dating his current girlfriend.

I don't think Denise hunter’s older books are for me. I have read two now that have this cheating thing going on. This is a Christian book, why? It encourages it. 

The only reason I gave this 3 stars on goodreads versus 2, is I really liked the scenes about the girls past and the mystery there involved with it and the small town and side characters. But the romance did NOT work for me personally. I really liked her book this year called A Novel Proposal but this one wasn’t for me.

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5994193580
YouTube Review to come.

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters