Book Review: The Cairo Curse by Pepper Basham

 


The Cairo Curse - Pepper Basham - 4.5 Stars - If you love Agatha Christie, Clue, The Mummy, Indiana Jones, Cozy Mysteries and a romance with the best chemistry – LOOK NO FURTHER! (Book 2 in the Fredrick and Grace Mystery Series)

The Cairo Curse by Pepper Basham is the perfect fun, wild and exciting sequel to The Mistletoe Countess that will keep you on the edge of your seat the ENTIRE time! Again, I know I will enjoy anything Pepper writes because it’s ALWAYS a good story that transport you exactly where our characters are!

While The Mistletoe Countess is still my favorite, The Cairo Curse was such a wonderful follow up of Grace and Freddie back at their mystery solving game – this time they’ve taken a detour from their honeymoon to Egypt ready to explore the pyramids, tombs, mummies, artifacts and so much more – when all of a sudden, their trip soon takes a dangerous turn with murders happening left and right. Suspects start to mount up and Grace and Freddie attempt to solve the mysterious happenings in Egypt!

The characters truly make this story ya’ll. Grace and Frederick are the BEST couple. They have great faith in God, respect and honor each other and I love how realistic they are together in their romance.

While I did get a smidge slowed down in some of the Egyptian details as I am not familiar with it, I love all of the research, time and details Pepper put into explaining the setting and history! It was a setting that truly came to life off the page and I LOVED seeing that.

This story will captivate you from the first chapter and is full of adventure, faith, love, great characters, vivid setting and an exciting ending! You will laugh and be filled with joy as your follow Grace and Freddie on this mysterious journey in Cairo! SO much fun y’all! So many humorous scenes where you just laugh and smile and ya’ll – that’s more of what we need in this world! JUST LOVE.

Highly recommended! Thank you to Barbour Publishing and NetGalley for an advanced e-copy to honestly read and review. I did pre-order my own physical copy of course because they just look PERFECT together on my shelf! If you haven’t read The Mistletoe Countess, please pick it up so you can experience all the joy from Grace and Freddie that I have! 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters