Book Review: The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman

 


The Thursday Murder Club - Richard Osman - 3.5 Stars - Hilarious with a great group of characters! (Book 1 in The Thursday Murder Club Series)

I liked this mystery surrounding 4 hilarious, older characters who live in a upscale retirement village and work together to solve murder cases as part of the "Thursday Murder Club". This is sent in Kent, England during modern time. Things get wild really fast when some murders start happening at the retirement village and they start working to piece everything together.

I LAUGHED SO MUCH in this book! These characters are HILARIOUS! My only complaint with this book is I really struggled keeping all the characters straight and what what going on throughout the story. It was close to 4 stars but ultimately the pacing and multiple character shifts took me out of the story many times. I still recommend this if you like a good mystery. I would not call this a "cozy" mystery, more along the lines of true crime mystery then a cozy. It had a similar vibe as an Agatha Christie to me too!

Trigger warning- a few mentions of suicide. I seem to remember a few mentions of mild language but can't recall more than a couple.

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4830321558
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3DwpRJj
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFKv2eeju0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters