Book Review: My Hope Next Door by Tammy L. Gray

 


My Hope Next Door - Tammy L. Gray - 5 Stars - A beautiful, redemptive story all about forgiveness and new beginnings! (Book 2 in The Fairfield Duology)

This book TOOK ME THROUGH IT Ya’ll! Such a beautiful redemptive story all about forgiveness and new beginnings. This was such realistic story that grabbed me from the very first page and deals with issues Christians face in their everyday life. 5 BIG STARS.

We follow Katie and Asher as they overcome their past challenges, find forgiveness and each other.

Katie's past is all surrounding drugs and a bad reputation. After running from her hometown many years ago, Katie is back home because of an illness her mother is facing. She's turned her life around and wants to do the right thing, but every where she turns her past is staring her in the face and she doesn't know how to overcome it. Then she meets Asher - the boy next door and the son of a small-town pastor. His life has been turned upside down when his breakup left him wounded by members of his church. He meets Katie and even though they come from 2 different worlds, they need each other more than they know.

I absolutely LOVED the ending to this story. I will admit, it was a tough read for me personally as I could relate to the parental fights and hoarding battles Katie was going through with her parents. I found myself saying, we'll I've said that to my parents before - lol. Parts were very emotionally draining for me personally just because of some of those things but overall I loved how this ended and it's now one of my favorite books of the year. I loved the aspect of forgiveness, the romance was AMAZING, Asher is the BEST, he was so patient with Katie and I loved that he never gave up on her. The faith was wonderful....What else can I say? I couldn't stand the scenes with Cooper, which I guess was the point for readers LOL but I am excited to read the next book to see how the other characters play out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters