Book Review: When in Rome by Sarah Adams

 


When in Rome - Sarah Adams - 4 Stars - A fun rom-com!

What a fun rom-com! I laughed SO much! While this does have quite a bit of mild language, I really enjoyed our main couple and had a lot of fun listening to the audiobook! This is a clean, closed door secular romance.

This is all about Ameila Rose, also known as Rae Rose to her fans. She is a very famous music artist from Nashville and she is just REALLY burned-out from so many years of trying to maintain her pop princess image. She loves the Audrey Hepburn movie, Roman Holiday, so inspired by that movie, she takes off in the middle of the night for a break to Rome.....Rome, Kentucky that is. She finds herself in her car, broken down in front of Noah Walker's house. He doesn't want to deal with celebrity problems but he agrees to help Amelia out. She isn't able to stay in a local hotel in town....so she ends up staying in Noah's guest room. for the 2 weeks she is there waiting for her car to be fixed. They start to get to know each other and things go on from there....

Overall I had so much fun with this book by Sarah Adams. It had a cute southern hospitality vibe with many of the side characters, I loved Noah and Amelia's banter back and forth (SO FUNNY), Noah's sisters were awesome, (really the entire town was great!), and it just had the charming, cozy small town story vibe I love. The conversations cracked me up. I loved the ending too. Very quick and entertaining read.

The sexual content was not over the top, but did ride a fine line up until the "fade to black" scenes. But I am also thankful she writes these books as "closed door" because I didn't feel uncomfortable reading the romantic bits and could actually enjoy the story without worrying about smut. I didn't love the number of curse words in this book, she certainly likes the word s***, lol. But I can look past it because the characters and story were really fun and entertaining.

4 stars and I'll be reading The Cheat Sheet next!

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5351983225
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3JWNpuc
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFKv2eeju0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters