Book Review: Just Don't Fall by Emma St. Clair



 Just Don't Fall - Emma St. Clair - 4 Stars - A fun, closed door hockey fake-dating fall rom-com! 

This book was super fun and my first Emma St. Clair read! This is book 1 in the Sweater Weather Fall Rom-Com series but all the books in this series can be read as a standalone. 

The tropes:

🍂Fake Dating
🍂Slow Burn
🍂Brother's Best Friend
🍂Childhood Crush
🍂Never Been Kissed FMC
🍂Closed Door Hockey Rom-Com
🍂Great Chemistry, NO Spice! 
🍂GREAT Fall Vibes!

We have Logan Barnes - the pro-hockey player who left town many years ago to go pro, is now back in town playing for the local minor league team now. In comes Parker - the team's social media manager and the girl he ghosted when left many year's ago.....He was her brother's best friend and her first crush. What's she to do now when Logan is on the team now? Things happen and Logan is now Parker's "fake boyfriend" -- UH OH -- what's going to happen now?! The story takes off from here as we see these two reconnect and realize there's more to this "fake relationship" than they thought. :)

If you love a good clean sports rom-com, this is for you! It has all the chemistry between the characters you want with NO spice! I really liked Logan and Parker together and the GALA dance was PERFECTION! My favorite part.

I love a good fake dating story so I was here for this. There were times I wish they would just talk to each other vs playing into the fake dating trope as much and there was a scene they filmed for a Tik-Tok I didn't 100% love, but I overall had so much fun with this. Love the town, the fall elements, the characters! 

Excited to read more in this series when I can!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters