Book Review: You Make it Feel Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh

 


You Make it Feel Like Christmas - Toni Shiloh - 3.5 Stars - A Cute Hallmark Style Christmas Story!

This book is great for lovers of Hallmark Style Christmas stories during the Christmas season! As Starr Lewis returns home for the holidays, jobless and single, she isn't happy to be dragged into her sister's wedding plans - because she's getting married to Starr's ex-boyfriend on Christmas eve! However, when Starr meets her brother's best friend, Waylon Emmerson, at their family's Thanksgiving get together....she starts the think maybe coming home isn't so bad as she starts to enjoy hanging out with Waylon and forgetting all about the festivities with her sister's wedding. For Waylon, this is a perfect distraction to help keep him busy as he is struggling with the loss of his mother and trying to keep her old Christmas shop alive....the story goes on from here as Waylon and Starr's stories unfold.

I love what Toni Shiloh does in the Christian Fiction market - she always weaves faith in her stories and I appreciate her so much in that regard. I really liked seeing how Waylon's was working on his mother's Christmas store he was taking care of and I think this could be a story that could potential help others going through something similar during the holiday season. This book will get you in the holiday spirit and I think it would be a fun one to start during Thanksgiving since it starts off at a Thanksgiving celebration.

I really enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere, cozy elements and nice faith content. I do think the drama with the sister's wedding festivities with Starr's ex-boyfriend took away from the story for me a bit as that is not always my favorite trope or storyline, personally. Her sister was a bit too rude for me but the ending was a nice resolution. The romance was a bit rushed for me as well but I think that's due to the shortness of the story and us not having a ton of time to truly get to sit with our characters as they got to know one another. 

Overall, I think this is a quick, cute Christmas read that many of you will enjoy during the Christmas season with lots of hallmark cheese that many enjoy during the holidays. I thank Toni Shiloh for always giving us nice, light hearted reads with clean romances and faith elements. 

Thank you for Bethany House and Toni Shiloh for providing a copy to honestly read and review. All opinions are my own. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters