Book Review - Truth is a Whisper by Mandi Blake

 


Truth is a Whisper - Mandi Blake - 4.5 Stars - The perfect hallmark movie style Christian cowboy romance story I needed!

This follows our main characters of Ava and Jameson. We start of with Ava being forced to leave him with her very controlling and narcissistic mother. Then we cut to 6 years later when they have the opportunity to meet again as Ava comes to visit her grandfather on the ranch she left so long ago due to his health issues going on. She soon realizes how much she loves the ranch and doesn't want to leave it -- or Jameson. We see some family drama and secrets unfold with Ava's mother and Ava and Jameson start to work together on the ranch - tied together by their love for it. Will she stay? Will she finally start her life without being tied down to the control of her mother? Can Jameson prove himself to those he wants to most? The story takes off from here.

Ya'll this book surprised me! Thank you Mandi Blake for such a feel good, lighthearted, Christian romance with a lot of things I loved! I did want to see her salvation experience but overall great faith!

✅Christian Cowboy Romance
✅Set on a Ranch
✅Guy is a Christian, Girl is not but starts to believe
✅Guy is a protector πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€ 
✅Great Faith Elements - they go to church, many prayers and discussions around believing in Jesus and reading their bible etc.
✅Great Family Element - a precious grandfather figure I LOVED. One of my favorite things in books are Grandfathers because I unfortunately didn’t have the opportunity to have a relationship with mine who both passed away.
✅Romance was quicker but not totally instalove - they did know each other a short time but I feel like the way this story was told—it didn’t feel like instalove to me. I was so connected with the characters, the small town, the family, etc.
✅ALL THE HALLMARK MOVIE πŸ§€CHEESEπŸ§€ I NEEDED.
✅Great ending with resolution I wanted!

Pick this up if you enjoy a good Christian romance with some lighthearted hallmark cheese :) Excited to read book 2 in the series soon! Only content warning would be details surrounding a narcissistic parent.

Thank you to the author for providing a copy to honestly read and review. All thoughts are my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters