Wednesday, August 19, 2026

The Nature of Disappearing by Kimi Cunningham Grant


The Nature of Disappearing by Kimi Cunningham Grant
5 Stars 

MAN. WHAT A BOOK! This one TOOK ME OUT! I read this as an impromptu buddy read with my friend Keisha and we loved it!

Read if you love:
- Suspense / Mystery Books
- Great writing
- Wilderness settings
- A best friend is missing plot
- Secrets of the past...
- Twists and turns 

This was my first book by Kimi and I can't wait to read These Silent Woods in the winter! So many good nature descriptions and wilderness details, really great storytelling and brings you right in the setting. The way she brings in RIGHT IN the story too, that is so good! I was IMMEDIATLEY drawn in and in that "need to know" status. 

Emlyn, a wilderness guide, teams up with the man who ruined her life so many years ago to find her friend who goes missing. Tyler, who was the love of her life and left her for dead on the side of the road 3 years ago, is the one person she doesn't want to see again and the one person she doesn't trust. Yet he's the one who has to help her find her friend Janessa. Janessa is a social media influencer documenting her #vanlife adventures with her boyfriend but no one has seen her lately so Tyler and Emlyn set out to find her.....what will they find?

My favorite part of this book was the surprise themes of faith and hope. One of the side characters, Rev, shared some biblical reference and I really liked that. You could also see Kimi knew of the hope deep down that God brings and was fighting it. I could see God in this story seeking her. I have loved finding the Lord in secular fiction lately and this is another example!

One unique piece of this was she has a word for each person she met in the book, loved that. Also the flashbacks added a lot of good layers to the story as we got to figure everything out along the way. 

Highly recommend!

Content: no language that I recall, no sexual content, some suspenseful moments, animals being trapped and the details of that shown, drugs and substance abuse/addiction themes

P.s. the audiobook is great! I read the e-book some but also listened when I had time.

*Amazon links are affiliate links and a commission may be earned on items purchased 
from these links. 

✨Sign up for Libro.fm Audiobooks here: https://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm206402 (Supports Local Indie Bookstores)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Post: Most Anticipated Clean and Christian Fiction Books for 2026

Most Anticipated Clean and Christian Fiction for 2026 Hey y'all! Since I don't have enough room on my description in the YouTube vid...