Sunday, August 23, 2026

Making Peace with What I Can't Control by Lysa Terkeurst

 


Making Peace with What I Can’t Control by Lysa TerKerust
5 Stars

Thank you to Libro.fm and the publisher for a gifted copy of the audiobook to listen to for review. All thoughts are my own.

Wow, this was such a timely and relatable read. Lysa TerKeurst does an excellent job of putting words to something so many of us struggle with.....overthinking, trying to fix situations we can't fix, and carrying burdens that were never ours to carry. 

I am such a people pleaser. An overthinker. A worrier. A fixer. I struggle so much with so many situations I can't control that I just have to let the Lord handle and I really appreciated how honest and compassionate this book felt. It doesn't simply tell you to “let go and trust God,” but digs into why we struggle to surrender control in the first place, especially when we're afraid of what might happen or frustrated by circumstances God hasn't changed....

There were so many reminders throughout this book about the difference between taking healthy responsibility and trying to control people, outcomes, and situations out of fear. I also appreciated the emphasis on wrestling honestly with God when we don't understand what He is doing. Difficult questions that Lysa doesn't shy away from...

This was an encouraging and thought-provoking book that reminded me that I don't have to figure everything out, fix everything, or carry everything. Sometimes faith looks like releasing what I can't control and trusting God with it. Sometimes its crying out to Him in those moments when you don't know what the answer is... And that's ok.

There are people in my life when I may want them to make a decision differently. I may not agree with what they are doing. But I can only control my reactions and not their decisions. I can trust that the Lord will take care of everything. I can put my faith in Him. I can rest in HIM. I know it's easier said then done, but Lysa sharing some of her testimonies and her life experiences, she gave the empathy, relatability and understanding so many of us need.

I also loved the emphasis on boundaries at the end and the extra bonus pieces in the audiobook at the end of each chapter. I need to read her boundaries book next honestly, as that's something I am still working through.

If you struggle with overthinking or constantly feeling like everything depends on you, I think this is a book that could really speak to you. It was a beautiful listen for me and I would love to get the physical to mark up someday.

Libro.FM Audio Link: https://libro.fm/audiobooks/9781400230730-making-peace-with-what-i-can-t-control

✨Sign up for Libro.fm Audiobooks here: https://libro.fm/referral?rf_code=lfm206402 (Supports Local Indie Bookstores)

Amazon hardcover link: https://amzn.to/4cFaGPH
*Amazon links are affiliate links and a commission may be earned on items purchased from these links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Post: Most Anticipated Clean and Christian Fiction Books for 2026

Most Anticipated Clean and Christian Fiction for 2026 Hey y'all! Since I don't have enough room on my description in the YouTube vid...