What if I Loved You by Mandi Blake
Book #6 in the Unfailing Love Series
3.5 Stars
Yay for finishing a series! I liked the premise of this one. A witness protection type of situation, as our FMC gets a new identity for a situation with her Dad and leaves everything behind, including Ian...cut to 12 years later and Ian and Liz...or "Sara" meet again in town. Ian was devastated when she left so long ago and seeing her again brings all the old feelings back to the forefront, as he learns why she left all those years ago. They reconnect, romance ensues, a dash of suspense added, and we see the characters from the rest of the books throughout and how their lives end up by the end.
While I enjoyed the premise, it was a bit too rushed by the mid-point. Mandi's new series definitely are longer and more developed so this series was good but not my favorite. I am still glad I read it and got to chat about all the characters with my friend Melissa each time we read one together.
I also always struggle with big time gaps in romance stories, such as the 12 years apart and then they come back together and back in love so fast, it just moves too fast for me personally.
Overall, I enjoyed the series as a whole and loved the faith moments throughout.
Overall, I enjoyed the series as a whole and loved the faith moments throughout.
My favorite Mandi books are the Wolf Creek Ranch Series and Love in Blackwater, highly recommend starting there! :)
Amazon Series Link on KU: https://amzn.to/4wKctdx
*Amazon links are affiliate links and a commission may be earned on items purchased from these links.
*Amazon links are affiliate links and a commission may be earned on items purchased from these links.
No comments:
Post a Comment