Book Review: In this Moment by Gabrielle Meyer

 


In This Moment - Gabrielle Meyer - 5 Stars - Another favorite book of 2023! 

In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer – 5 big stars! WOW. Another favorite book of 2023 for me! This Timeless series is one of my favorite series of ALL time. I just love the uniqueness of the story, the time travel element, our characters and the faith content throughout. If you haven’t read book 1, When the Day Comes, please do!

In book 2, we follow Maggie who inherited the time-crossing gene from her parents. Maggie lives 3 separate lives in 1861, 1941 and 2001. In her 1861 path, Maggie is the daughter of a senator during the onset of the Civil War. In 1941, she is a Navy nurse on the brink of World War II. And in 2001, she is a medical student, working to become a surgeon. We all know as the reader what she is about to endure in 2001 – yet she does not. The decisions she must make about which path to choose – with love interests in each time, who does she truly love? With her time-crossing parents and her sister in 1941, how could she leave them behind by choosing another path? And which career decision does she want more for her life? The decisions she has to make will be the toughest yet……We follow Maggie in her journey through all 3 time paths and wonder how the Lord will lead her in her decisions….

Ya’ll, this book was AMAZING. I don’t know how to even describe how much I love this series. If you love a good time travel story with a strong romance and family – this series is it! I loved the romance in this story – I could see which romance was going to be her strongest, but each time period had so much importance for Maggie. I don’t know how you can choose what to do. I love how this story helps us see how easily sometimes God chooses for us and leads you to what you should do. I love all of the history surrounding the war and we get to see big historical figures like the Lincolns and it’s just so unique!

I also loved the plot twist in the middle – I was shocked! Did not see that coming at all. Gabrielle Meyer’s series has just blown me away and I can’t wait to read the next book in the series – because after that epilogue, I AM SO HERE FOR IT! Thank you to Baker Publishing, Bethany House and NetGalley for a copy to honestly read and review.

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5525578462
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3puDYLv
Baker Book House: https://bakerbookhouse.com/products/492070
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNfiPar0nxE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters