Book Review: An August Bride by Debra Clopton



An August Bride - Debra Clopton - 2.5 to 3 Stars - Cute cowboy - beach romance but ultimately didn't love the Instalove relationship.

This is book 9 in the "A Year of Weddings" series - which are wedding novella in each month. I have read the Winter Brides group and this was my first in the Summer Brides group. Each novella can be very hit or miss for me. It's hard to truly connect in novellas sometimes and these romance novellas surrounding weddings can be usually instalove and not my favorites. This one, An August Bride by Debra Clopton, had good characters and writing so I would be interested in reading some of her other books. However, the instalove and unrealistic relationship in the end just wasn't my favorite so I give this 2.5 stars, rounding up to 3 on Goodreads. 

This novella is about Kelsey who was left at the alter by a cowboy. She vows to never love a cowboy again until Brent shows up. She is going to her cousin's beach wedding  Brent isn't really looking for love but he's at the wedding as a groomsman for his friend. He sees something crazy going on at the beach and a "mermaid" in distress in the water so he dives in to rescue her, cowboy boots and all. Turns out, its Kelsey who needed saving. She sees his boots and doesn't want anything to do with him after her experience with her ex. But as they go through the weekend, sparks fly and all that jazz. 

As I mentioned, this had some good writing and likeable character but this is a cheesy, cowboy Instalove, unrealistic relationship and while I liked the setting and characters and had a good time buddy reading it with my friend, the instalove ultimately took me out of this. It wasn't my favorite but my friend and I were laughing at all the cheese 🧀 🤣 Just a good time. 

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5645661110
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3qWFAxX
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlfoIBkAmlc&t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters