Book Review: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

 

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4) - Agatha Christie - A PERFECT MYSTERY!

WOW I DID NOT SEE THE ENDING COMING YA'LL! WHAT A PERFECT MYSTERY! So much fun trying to piece all this together (of course, I am no sleuth LOL) but it was so clever and she is truly the QUEEN of Mystery! The ending is what made this a 5 star read truly.

Hercule Poirot has retired when a murder occurs - everyone is shocked when a welathy local widow commits suicide and the next day her fiance, Roger Ackroyd, is stabbed to death. Poirot comes in to help solve this crazy murder with SO many suspects! The narrator of the story, Dr. James Sheppard is helping assist Poirot in solving the case and we go on from here.

This is truly my favorite Agatha Christie so far! I can only imagine how amazing this way for its time when she wrote it. Such a classic. I kept trying to figure out who the killer was but boy, I did NOT see it. I would LOVE to re-read this and see all the clues I missed :) I love how Poirot keeps his secrets until the end. Very entertaining and you really can play detective right along with Poirot in this story!

I see why this was sweet Janelle's favorite from TooFondOfBooks. Janelle, thank you for everything you did on BookTube. For being such a light and beautiful soul in this corner of the internet and inspiring me to pick up one of your favorite Agatha Christie novels. We will miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters