Book Review: Five Days in Skye by Carla Laureano

 


Five Days in Skye - Carla Laureano - 3.5 Stars - A great Christian romance set in Scotland! (Book 1 in the MacDonald Family Trilogy)

An enjoyable Christian, contemporary romance with an immersive setting in Scotland. I really liked the setting the most in this story - our main characters being in Scotland and traveling around to the different sights and such - loved that. Our main characters, James and Andrea were fun to see getting to know each other - lots of sarcasm and flirtatious moments, but still sweet. Andrea went through some very hard things and was broken by them and to see her come back to God in her brokenness was a beautiful moment. I also loved how James was willing to be there for her through he brokenness and was very understanding after she opened up to him. I really liked the family side characters too.

This follows Andrea - who is working as a hospitality consultant and has to "snag this high-profile client" or kiss her dreams of a promotion goodbye. This is where she meets Scottish celebrity chef James MacDonald on the Isle of Skye. He's working on renovating the family hotel and meets Andrea and things go on from here - sparks fly and all that jazz. :) I feel like they have great chemistry together. My favorite parts were them traveling the Isle of Skye and the faith in the ending.

Overall, I did enjoy my time reading this. The only downsides I had was I don't love instalove and this is definitely that - which you can expect going in because she is only there for 5 days right :) I also felt like some parts were a bit longer then others but other then that I really enjoyed it and plan to continue with the next books in the series!

*TW for mentions of a miscarriage, divorce, mentions of drinking

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5603766073
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3CFsTdw
Baker Book House: https://bakerbookhouse.com/products/148120

YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F0tuWJiWKg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters