Book Review: Autumn Skies by Denise Hunter

 


Autumn Skies - Denise Hunter - 3.5 Stars (Book 3 in the Bluebell Inn Romance Series)

I liked this but didn't love it -- I haven't read the other books in the series but don't feel like you have to. This is about Wyatt and Grace. Wyatt is a Secret Service agent and takes a mandatory leave of absence that leaves him turning up at The Bluebell Inn where he meets Grace. They both have a mystery of baggage that we don't know about fully until the end of the story. Little bits are revealed through out the story, such as Grace having survivors guilt over something that happened many years ago when she was young and Wyatt experiencing trauma surrounding his mother's death. But we don't fully see what happened until the end---I was shocked at that part, very interesting how Hunter tied this all together between the two characters.

I liked how the characters went on camping trips and got stuck together - getting to know each other. That's always a fun trope.

However, I don't feel like I fully loved the story - whether that's due to the bad audiobook narrator or not, I'm not sure. There were some fun cozy vibes for sure that I really enjoyed but it was a bit of instalove that I didn't care for. They knew each other 2-3 weeks and fell in love kinda thing. Again, my personal preference on what I like in Christian romance vs don't like.

If you like Christian romance that has that hallmark feel - this would be one to look at for sure. I liked it, but didn't love it as much as I hoped I would.

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5770832791
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3EdM5jt
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6NLPxY6po

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters