Book Review: Friendshipped by Savannah Scott

 


Friendshipped - 3.5 Stars - Getting Shipped Book #1 - A fun friends to lovers clean rom-com story.

My first in my rom-com clean romance journey and I have so many thoughts! I really enjoyed SOOOO much from this book such as the amazing humor, characters, friend group, town etc. And I can't wait to read more in this series as I think Savannah Scott is an AWESOME author. But in reading this, and starting my clean romance rom-com journey, I think I will find what tropes I enjoy vs the ones I don't. I am wondering if I am just not a friends-to-lovers trope person - either way - I rated this 3.5 stars. Which means, there is a lot about the story I enjoyed but a few things that were not my favorite. See more below! Either way, I think a LOT of ya'll will enjoy these books and I am excited to read the next one!

This story follows Trevor and Lexi who work together, live in the same duplex as neighbors and have been friends since they were young. They each like each other but don't think the other likes them in that way so they keep it secret from one another. Which means no one communicates about their feelings and I think since that is common in a friends to lovers story, I may not be the right person for this book since I don't love that aspect. While the humor of the situations the characters were in made me laugh soooo much and I love how clean this story was, I was just wanting them to get together sooner and talk about their feelings. There are also dates they go on with other people in the story (more Lexi, as Trevor just went on a small meet up with an ex-GF he had but he wouldn't call it a date). Lexi has a dating app that her friends made her so she tries out a few dates here and there but nothing compares to her best friend Trevor. I didn't love the dating parts but I DIED laughing at Trevor out in the bushes at 10:30p.m. after her first one LOL.

Even though I reaaaaallllly wanted them to get together sooner and talk out their feelings, Trevor and Lexi had the best chemistry together and I like the end. Loved the small town vibes too. Can't wait to read the next one!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters