Book Review: M is for Mama: A Rebellion Against Mediocre Motherhood by Abbie Halberstadt

 



M is for Mama: A Rebellion Against Mediocre Motherhood - Abbie Halberstadt - 4 Stars - Abbie gives biblical wisdom on a variety of motherhood topics!

I really enjoyed this as Abbie Halberstadt gives biblical wisdom on a variety of motherhood topics and how to embrace Christlike Motherhood. We need Jesus in every aspect of us being a Mom. I specifically liked the chapter on Self Care - which can be releatable to all of us, regardless of being a Mom or not. She mentions Self Care is getting SOUL Care. Time with the Lord. Not getting to a point where we feel angry when we don't get what we want for "me time". She talks about that time being more so, time with the Lord. Loved the way she explained it. Also liked the penny reward system she mentioned. While I couldn't relate to much when it came to her discussing her kids and parenting, because my son is autistic and special needs (4 year old), and not everything she mentioned would be applicable to us -- I think many parents would get a lot of out this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters