Book Review: When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer

 


When the Day Comes - Gabrielle Meyer - 5 Stars - FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME!

WOW. Literally my FAVORITE book of 2023 ya'll. This book had me invested from the very beginning. I love time travel books and this one was BEAUTIFUL.

This is all about Libby who lives 2 lives - one during 1774 in Colonial Williamsburg Virginia and the other in 1914 New York. She wakes up every day alternating these different time lines. When she turns 21, she must make the decision to either stay in 1774 or 1914. What Libby goes through is difficult and she must make some hard decisions throughout the story - how can she ever make this decision? Will God lead her to where she is meant to be? What is His plan in all of this? Can she change the future without repercussions? We see all of this unfold.

My favorite part of this was the time travel aspect, as the dual timeline was so interesting with the back and forth in each time period from each chapter you read. I loved the romance she found and in the middle when we had a major twist - I had NO idea what she was going to do! She just had to trust the Lord for the best path for her in all of this and this book truly shows how the Lord works in - as many say - mysterious ways - but we all know it's in His ultimate plan for us, even if we don't see it in the moment.

The ending was CHEF'S KISS! PERFECTION. I CRIED. I can't wait to read book 2. I loved the family and details in the 1700s - this is really my favorite time period as ya'll know with my love for Outlander ;) The relationship between her mother and Libby was so precious as well. And HENRY - LOVE Henry! I think this was just such a unique story unlike anything I have read before and I loved the level of faith detail throughout the story. 5 big stars!

*Content Warning: This book does have 2 small scenes of marital rape, but they are not detailed. Very off page in my opinion but wanted to mention this for content purposes.

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5503726213
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Y0QVJT
Baker Book House: https://bakerbookhouse.com/products/405425
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mHWHokCowI&t=103s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters