Book Review: Autumn by the Sea by Melissa Tagg

 


Autumn by the Sea - Melissa Tagg - 4 to 4.5 Stars - So much more then your typical christian contemporary romance!

Ya'll, I really enjoyed this book! The first 50% took me a bit to get through, but that last 50% was fast paced with so many twists and turns!! This is between a 4 and 4.5 star for me. Can't wait for the second one!

This is a Christian Contemporary Romance that is so much more than just your typical romance. We have a true found family in this story that I LOVE and it really shows a beautiful process of the Lord leading our main character's Sydney and Neil to one another, and Sydney to this beautiful family, when they least expected it. (Plus, Neil is Scottish soooo SAY LESS YA'LL. I was here for it!)

We are following Maggie Muir as she is trying to find her lost granddaughter, after an accident with her daughter many years ago left her granddaughter unable to be found. The search leads her to Sydney Rose. No one knows if Sydney is who she is looking for but so many clues point to her being who Maggie is looking for.... Sydney comes to Muir Blueberry Farm (WHICH I LOVED) and meets Maggie's adoptive children/family. Neil is the only one who wasn't technically adopted, but he has been part of their family since he was a teenager. Maggie and her family have been through several different people and attempts to find her granddaughter, but something feels different this time with Sydney....

Sydney has always wondered about her family and their past. She has never truly belonged. She's excited and a bit nervous to embark on this journey. Her and Neil develop a relationship that was beautiful to see and she grows on this beautiful family in the 2 weeks she is there.

Maggie is such a strong willed woman - she has been through so much loss in her life and is just looking for answers. I loved the letters she writes to Robert, my heart....

The romance between Neil and Sydney was so precious, I really enjoyed it. They didn't start off on the right foot but they started getting to know each other very well over the 2 weeks she is there. Sydney truly finds herself belonging to the Muir Farm and Family....

The faith content was also really nice. I highlighted many passages. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because the first 50% took me a bit to get into, but STILL LOVED this story and this family.

They entire family continues to search for answers and the ending was somewhat of a cliffhanger! I can't wait to dive into book 2! SO much I need to know about this family!

Goodreads Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5005322056
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3XT2MtF
YouTube Review Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNQJYuJxRg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters