Book Review: Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

 


Hatchet - Gary Paulsen - 5 Stars - A page turning survival story! (Book 1 in the Brian's Saga Series)

This was a favorite book of mine as a young kid and I remember why!! Such a page turning survival story! 13 year old, Brian Robeson, is flying in a small plane to meet his father, when all of a sudden his pilot has a heart attack and dies mid flight. Brian is scared to death and doesn't know what to do....he manages to get the plane down but he's alone in the Canadian wilderness and no one knows where he is....we see his journey of survival with nothing but a hatchet and his windbreaker take place. It's emotional and fast paced from the very beginning. I have to give this 5 stars just because of the level of engagement I had from the moment I picked this book up. He's also keeping a secret about his mother after his parent's divorce and he continues to relive some of that trauma.

I realize now that I LOVE survival stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters