Book Review: Edge of Dusk by Colleen Coble

 


Edge of Dusk - Colleen Coble - 4 Stars - My first Colleen Coble and it DID NOT disappoint! LOVED! (Book 1 in the Annie Pederson Series)

This was my first Colleen Coble book and it did not disappoint! Really liked this story - 4 stars. It kept me engaged the entire time, I really connected with our characters and it had so much drama, suspense and action! Highly recommend the audiobook because the narrator really keeps you invested in the story.

This story is about Annie Pederson, a law enforcement ranger whose life changed forever the night her little sister was kidnapped. She has recently been through additional trauma with the loss of her husband and parents in a boating accident. She has truly been through it and then they discover remains that bring up old cold cases, a dead body that starts a new case, and the investigations take place. Her first love, Jon, comes back into town - he seems like a suspect in one case but is trying to clear his name there while rekindling his relationship with Annie. The story takes off here...

I really liked our characters and how fast paced this story was. The narrator really made the story for me. The first little bit was just OK but around 35% when some DRAMMMMA comes in, ya'll I was invested and NEEDED TO KNOW the tea! LOL Also liked the light faith elements and hope we have more in the next book. We saw more faith content at the end but it was still a small portion of the story I would love to see expanded upon in the next books.

By the end of this book, so much was revealed....I have to know what happens next so I'm gonna try to get book 2 ASAP! If you like romantic suspense, you will love this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Rec Post: Southern Charm Readathon

Book Review: All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

Book Review: Better Watch Out by Natalie Walters